HELP TOPIC: Forum Membergroups
Forum membergroups are created to allow the easy assignment of particular powers or privileges to other players on the forum. In Shadow Fleet
, we have two types of membergroup, "primary" and "secondary".Primary Membergroups
Primary membergroups exist for positions in the fleet that hold some level of responsibility and therefore the need for more powers, for example the Commanding Officer of a starship would belong to the "Command Level Officers" membergroup as they require certain moderator powers to carry out their role effectively. They can also be used to restrict certain powers to players, such as in the case of those on long-term LoA.
The following lists all of the primary membergroups we use in Shadow Fleet
, in descending order of importance:
- Senior Flag Officer; senior administrator with every power available on the forum and an unlimited inbox, privileges to see all hidden boards
- Flag Officer; administrator with the majority of powers available on the forum to carry out their role and unlimited inbox, privileges to see all hidden boards
- Master Chief Petty Officer of Shadow Fleet; same powers and privileges as a Flag Officer, can see all hidden boards
- Command Level Officer; full moderation powers to change, lock, move and remove posts with an inbox limit of 100 messages, privileges to see hidden boards relevant to their role
- Chief of the Boat; moderation powers to change, lock, move and remove posts with an inbox limit of 75 messages
- Shadow Fleet Reserves; no powers, restricted privileges on the forum, intended for players on long-term LoA, inbox limit of 5 messages
- Deceased/Retired; no powers, restricted privileges on the forum. Intended for players who have left the fleet, inbox limit of 5 messages
- Shadow Fleet Committee; Members of the SF Committee.
- Suspended Account; no powers or privileges, can only see "request reactivation" board upon logging in, inbox limit of 5 messages
As you can see, members who belong to a primary membergroup are identified by a particular color so they are easily spotted in the online list. Secondary Membergroups
Secondary membergroups exist to "bolt on" additional privileges for certain members of the forum. For example, a player who is a member of the Media & Recruitment Team requires additional powers due to the nature of their role. The following lists all secondary membergroups we use in Shadow Fleet
- Acting Command Level Officer; all the powers and privileges of a Command Level Officer, temporary membergroup for those players "acting up"
- Academy Instructor; designated board-specific moderator powers, can see hidden boards relevant to their role, inbox limit of 50 messages
- Media & Recruitment Team; can see hidden boards relevant to their role, inbox limit of 50 messages
- Research & Development Team; can see hidden boards relevant to their role. Works on designing new ships for the Fleet.
Unlike primary membergroups, secondary membergroups are not color-coded as there is no requirement for players to identify these members.