Author Topic: Star Trek Into Darkness  (Read 4282 times)

Offline Cayden McConnell

• Suspended Account
  • Currently on Special Assignment
  • Awarded to players on completion of 10 years service with the fleet. Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most organized SIMM. Awarded to players who go above and beyond what is asked of them. Awarded to players who are always online and posting. Awarded in January and July by the executive officer to a player of their SIMM.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Star Trek Into Darkness
« on: December 06, 2012, 10:32:29 am »
Okay gang, here is the first teaser trailer for J.J. Abrams new Star Trek: Into Darkness.

- This is the US version

- This is the version being released in Japan

Enjoy and also like everything else I post up: DISCUSS

I am thinking that antagonist for this new movie is Kahn. Again I would love to hear your viewpoints
« Last Edit: December 06, 2012, 10:36:55 am by Cayden McConnell »

"Sic Transit Gloria Mundi"

John Brown

Re: Star Trek Into Darkness
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2012, 11:11:08 am »
nope its Charlie X.....look the blond hair in sciece blue remibds me of the tos epsoide were no man has gone before

Offline Saffir G'Tollikos

• Deceased/Retired
  • CSO/Acting XO, USS Gibson
  • Awarded to players on completion of 10 years service with the fleet. Awarded to players who go above and beyond what is asked of them. Awarded to players in recognition of their recruitment efforts. Awarded to any player present during the 2012 Halloween special mission. Awarded to any player who writes the Post of the Month.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2012, 12:52:01 pm »
Nope again. It's Gary Mitchell. The cute blonde with the short hair is Elizabeth Daner.

Zuriel Soreka: Romulan killing spree!!!!!!
Alexander Wu: You guys forgot to bring redshirts...
Zuriel Soreka: Don't worry we will make some. Art and crafts!!!!!!
--Just another day on the USS Gibson

Offline Kirok

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Triumphant Member
  • Awarded in January 2017 to all active members. Awarded in January and July to the most diplomatic player. Awarded to any player who writes the Post of the Month. Awarded every January by the FCO. Awarded to the winner of the bi-annual crew choice poll.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2012, 01:07:57 pm »
It looks promosing!  Can't wait to see it.

Species:  Betazoid/Vulcan.
Being kind to others costs nothing & builds a stronger community.

Gabe Crouch

« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2012, 01:13:17 pm »
I hope it is better then the other one.

Offline Cayden McConnell

• Suspended Account
  • Awarded to players on completion of 10 years service with the fleet. Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most organized SIMM. Awarded to players who go above and beyond what is asked of them. Awarded to players who are always online and posting. Awarded in January and July by the executive officer to a player of their SIMM.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2012, 02:56:12 pm »
Nope again. It's Gary Mitchell. The cute blonde with the short hair is Elizabeth Daner.

Why would he return to earth to enact his vengeance? Wasn't Kahn put in cryostasis and sent off into deep space after the Eugenics War?

Shelaf Greegy

« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2012, 05:20:23 pm »
CUMBERBATCH!!

Gabe Crouch

« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2012, 05:42:50 pm »
It looks great!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Scott Bradley

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Honoured Member
  • Flight Control Officer, USS Challenger
  • Awarded to players who participate in a Spread the Word campaign. Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most organized SIMM. Awarded to any player who stuck with the site during the June 2017 Site Move Awarded to players on completion of 10 years service with the fleet. Awarded to players who guest star in another SIMM.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: December 06, 2012, 05:51:08 pm »
Calling it now. Cumberbatch is another augment from the eugenics war, similar to khan coming back to try and reclaim his power. no doubt there will be a cool little tease to meeting khan in a future movie!

Offline T'Ra Jones

• Deceased/Retired
  • Honoured Member
  • Airlocking Dylan.
  • Awarded to any player who has been with the Fleet 5 Years Awarded every January by the FCO. Awarded by the FCO to the CO who has shown the best leadership. Awarded to players who guest star in another SIMM. Awarded to any player who writes the Post of the Month.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: December 06, 2012, 07:06:53 pm »
This looks so cool. I don't know if it'll be great as the last one, but it's still going to be epic.

Ich lache, weil es ein Loch in mir gibt.
-Evan Buehler

Offline Cayden McConnell

• Suspended Account
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: December 07, 2012, 09:49:16 am »
The movie has promise. I am curious as to the Enterprise and being submerged underwater. There will be a full trailer in the previews for "The Hobbit" on Dec 14. I am hoping to have a few more questions answered in that trailer like hwo the villain is. J.J. Abrams is a secrecy fanatic, so he won't let it out until it benefits him or the movie. I am still thinking that it is: KHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANNNNNNN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
« Last Edit: December 07, 2012, 11:55:30 am by Cayden McConnell »

Offline T'Ra Jones

• Deceased/Retired
  • Honoured Member
  • Airlocking Dylan.
  • Awarded to any player who has been with the Fleet 5 Years Awarded every January by the FCO. Awarded by the FCO to the CO who has shown the best leadership. Awarded to players who guest star in another SIMM. Awarded to any player who writes the Post of the Month.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: December 07, 2012, 07:39:15 pm »
The movie has promise. I am curious as to the Enterprise and being submerged underwater. There will be a full trailer in the previews for "The Hobbit" on Dec 14. I am hoping to have a few more questions answered in that trailer like hwo the villain is. J.J. Abrams is a secrecy fanatic, so he won't let it out until it benefits him or the movie. I am still thinking that it is: KHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANNNNNNN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Haha, awesome. Now I have even more reason to go see the Hobbit. When I told my dad about this new movie and how it was basically a sequel to the 2009 movie, he started asking a bunch of questions like who was going to be in it. He proceeds to list a bunch of actors from TOS, one of which is dead.

-Evan Buehler

Offline Cayden McConnell

• Suspended Account
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: December 07, 2012, 09:43:31 pm »
Haha, awesome. Now I have even more reason to go see the Hobbit. When I told my dad about this new movie and how it was basically a sequel to the 2009 movie, he started asking a bunch of questions like who was going to be in it. He proceeds to list a bunch of actors from TOS, one of which is dead.

Wait..don't tell me. He asked about Deforest Kelley or James Doohan? Anyway, I am going to watch the TOS episode "Where No Man Has Gone Before" tonight so that I can get a grasp on Gary Mitchell. To be honest with you, I am not very familiar with the episode and its a toss up between Gary Mitchell and Khan being the villain in this movie. Depends which person you ask I guess. The big spoiler online that everyone is talking about is the Japanese trailer with the infamous death scene in it. A lot of people are talking about that pointing to the villain being Khan.
I did read an interesting article online saying that the scene could be an opening scene where Gary Mitchell dies but at this point everyone is grasping at straws to figure out the big question and be the first to solve it. The biggest thing that I am asking is why on earth is the Enterprise either crashing/landing in the ocean?

Offline T'Ra Jones

• Deceased/Retired
  • Honoured Member
  • Airlocking Dylan.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: December 10, 2012, 01:14:21 am »
Wait..don't tell me. He asked about Deforest Kelley or James Doohan? Anyway, I am going to watch the TOS episode "Where No Man Has Gone Before" tonight so that I can get a grasp on Gary Mitchell. To be honest with you, I am not very familiar with the episode and its a toss up between Gary Mitchell and Khan being the villain in this movie. Depends which person you ask I guess. The big spoiler online that everyone is talking about is the Japanese trailer with the infamous death scene in it. A lot of people are talking about that pointing to the villain being Khan.
I did read an interesting article online saying that the scene could be an opening scene where Gary Mitchell dies but at this point everyone is grasping at straws to figure out the big question and be the first to solve it. The biggest thing that I am asking is why on earth is the Enterprise either crashing/landing in the ocean?

Yes, he did. He specifically asked about Doohan even though he knows that guy is already dead.

-Evan Buehler

Offline Cayden McConnell

• Suspended Account
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: December 11, 2012, 07:24:52 am »
Here is what has been released as of now about Star Trek: Into Darkness.
Alice Eve's character is none other than............Carol Marcus.
This was let out after a special screening of ST: Into Darkness.
Oh and there will be Klingons in this movie as well.

I think that there is a red herring that has been released in the form of a photo. It has Spock, Kirk, and the villain, who's name on the screenshot is: John Harrison. So there it is and the links are at the bottom.

http://www.treknews.net/2012/12/10/alice-eve-star-trek-into-darkness-character/

http://www.treknews.net/2012/12/10/star-trek-into-darkness-photo-cumberbatch-glass/

RPG-D Sci-Fi Avatars RPG Initiative RPGfix RPG Initiative Fodlan Chronicles