Miracle on Starbase 83 (CHRISTMAS EVENT)

Started by Kale Bridges, December 01, 2012, 06:59:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kale Bridges

Shadow Fleet presents:
MIRACLE ON STARBASE 83

This event is played by Characters from the SIMM's, so no need to change rank or insignia. Just play yourself like you would in any mission

Task Group Alpha is given time off for the hard work they have put in recently. Conveniently, the time off coincides with Christmas back on Earth. With all three ships docked safely at Starbase 83 - the home of Shadow Fleet & Task Group Alpha - the crew takes the time to get to know their other ship counterparts, share a story or two, and celebrate the winter holiday.

The relaxing time is quickly overshadowed by some peculiar goings on. It isn't long before Q (played by Tobias Masters) appears, checking up on 'his humans', but he's confounded by what he sees. It's up to the fleet to either teach Q about Christmas, or send him on his merry.

Merry Christmas Shadow Fleet

Formerly Reece Thompson
PokemonGo - TEAM MYSTIC

Archangel Koris

Quote from: Reece Thompson on December 01, 2012, 06:59:01 AM

Shadow Fleet presents:
MIRACLE ON STARBASE 83

This event is played by Characters from the SIMM's, so no need to change rank or insignia. Just play yourself like you would in any mission

Task Group Alpha is given time off for the hard work they have put in recently. Conveniently, the time off coincides with Christmas back on Earth. With all three ships docked safely at Starbase 83 - the home of Shadow Fleet & Task Group Alpha - the crew takes the time to get to know their other ship counterparts, share a story or two, and celebrate the winter holiday.

The relaxing time is quickly overshadowed by some peculiar goings on. It isn't long before Q (played by Tobias Masters) appears, checking up on 'his humans', but he's confounded by what he sees. It's up to the fleet to either teach Q about Christmas, or send him on his merry.

Merry Christmas Shadow Fleet

Archangel scratched an ear as she looked around the bar on Starbase 83.  Shore leave.  Not something she was particularly used to, but she had to admit that the crew definitely needed a little time off after their recent disasters.  That was the only reason that she was standing here and not in the engineering department of the Discovery.  Well, that and the fact that there were engineering crews from the Starbase crawling over the systems, repairing a few bits and pieces that the regular crew hadn't been able to do in open space.

Tucking a stray lock of hair behind one pointed ear, Archangel made her way over to the bar, settling herself on a stool.  There were a couple of faces around that she recognised, but only faintly.  Probably people she had seen at the Academy, or old crewmen from the Discovery that had been transferred off in the many crew rotations.  She ordered a Romulan ale and, when it arrived, sipped it slowly as she scanned the small groups of people in Starfleet uniform and civilians chatting to each other, looking for anyone familiar.

Kale Bridges

Quote from: Archangel T'Koris on December 01, 2012, 12:05:30 PM

Tucking a stray lock of hair behind one pointed ear, Archangel made her way over to the bar, settling herself on a stool.  There were a couple of faces around that she recognised, but only faintly.  Probably people she had seen at the Academy, or old crewmen from the Discovery that had been transferred off in the many crew rotations.  She ordered a Romulan ale and, when it arrived, sipped it slowly as she scanned the small groups of people in Starfleet uniform and civilians chatting to each other, looking for anyone familiar.

Shore leave was always fun. A chance to kick back and let someone fix the damage on the ship. Reece admitted to himself, now that he knew how to effectively fix the ship, he wasn't so sure about outside engineering crews, but some time off from blown power conduits and faulty EPS relays was relaxing. The fact that the crews were also upgrading the life support and a few other systems on the Gibson was pretty cool.

Reece entered the main lounge. He yawned and look around. A bunch of Starbase crewmen he didn't recognise, and a few faces fro the three ships in the fleet, all of which he'd served on. He didn't know all of them though. One face however, struck him. A familiar one from the Discovery.

Strolling over, he took a seat and ordered a bottle of Synthahol.

"Long time no see Archangel." he said cheerily.

Formerly Reece Thompson
PokemonGo - TEAM MYSTIC

Archangel Koris

Quote from: Reece Thompson on December 01, 2012, 12:15:21 PM

Shore leave was always fun. A chance to kick back and let someone fix the damage on the ship. Reece admitted to himself, now that he knew how to effectively fix the ship, he wasn't so sure about outside engineering crews, but some time off from blown power conduits and faulty EPS relays was relaxing. The fact that the crews were also upgrading the life support and a few other systems on the Gibson was pretty cool.

Reece entered the main lounge. He yawned and look around. A bunch of Starbase crewmen he didn't recognise, and a few faces fro the three ships in the fleet, all of which he'd served on. He didn't know all of them though. One face however, struck him. A familiar one from the Discovery.

Strolling over, he took a seat and ordered a bottle of Synthahol.

"Long time no see Archangel." he said cheerily.

Archangel smiled as she spotted Lt. Cmdr Thompson making his way towards the bar.  It had certainly been a while since she had last seen him, given that he had been transferred over to the Gibson, a newly commissioned ship in the fleet.  She put her glass back down on the polished counter as he approached, inclining her head to acknowledge his greeting.
"Certainly feels like a long time, Commander," she replied warmly.  It was hard not to feel a sense of friendship towards the former First Officer of the Discovery.  The first time she had met him, it had been in the line of duty during a Borg attack.  Having to trust someone you barely know at your back does tend to foster appreciation between crewmates.  "How has life aboard the Gibson been treating you?" she asked.  "I must admit, she certainly looks like a ship I'd like to get my hands on... From an engineer's point of view, of course."

Kale Bridges

Quote from: Archangel T'Koris on December 01, 2012, 12:35:21 PM

Archangel smiled as she spotted Lt. Cmdr Thompson making his way towards the bar.  It had certainly been a while since she had last seen him, given that he had been transferred over to the Gibson, a newly commissioned ship in the fleet.  She put her glass back down on the polished counter as he approached, inclining her head to acknowledge his greeting.
"Certainly feels like a long time, Commander," she replied warmly.  It was hard not to feel a sense of friendship towards the former First Officer of the Discovery.  The first time she had met him, it had been in the line of duty during a Borg attack.  Having to trust someone you barely know at your back does tend to foster appreciation between crewmates.  "How has life aboard the Gibson been treating you?" she asked.  "I must admit, she certainly looks like a ship I'd like to get my hands on... From an engineer's point of view, of course."

Reece smiled and took a quick swig of the drink as Archangel went through her pleasantries.

"I haven't been on long, but she's a lovely little ship. I always wanted to serve on a Nova."

He gave her a friendly slap on the back and leaned his back on the bar, "How are things on the Discovery? Not too shabby I hope."

Formerly Reece Thompson
PokemonGo - TEAM MYSTIC

Archangel Koris

Quote from: Reece Thompson on December 01, 2012, 12:40:26 PM

Reece smiled and took a quick swig of the drink as Archangel went through her pleasantries.

"I haven't been on long, but she's a lovely little ship. I always wanted to serve on a Nova."

He gave her a friendly slap on the back and leaned his back on the bar, "How are things on the Discovery? Not too shabby I hope."

Archangel grinned, bumping the Commander back slightly.

"So you haven't been threatening to fire a live phaser in the engineering department again then?  Makes a bit of a change," she teased before answering his question.  "I'd like to be able to say that things on the Discovery had been routine and uneventful, but I'd be lying."  She shook her head.  "Got into a bit of trouble recently between a group of Iconians and the crew, but we got through it."

Kale Bridges

Quote from: Archangel T'Koris on December 01, 2012, 12:47:23 PM

Archangel grinned, bumping the Commander back slightly.
"So you haven't been threatening to fire a live phaser in the engineering department again then?  Makes a bit of a change," she teased before answering his question.  "I'd like to be able to say that things on the Discovery had been routine and uneventful, but I'd be lying."  She shook her head.  "Got into a bit of trouble recently between a group of Iconians and the crew, but we got through it."

Reece laughed, "Are you referring to my neanderthal time as a security officer?"

He took another drink and look at her, "No, I haven't done that in a while. I may be getting withdrawal symptoms."

He listened about the Iconians. "It's always the Discovery that has Iconian problems."

Formerly Reece Thompson
PokemonGo - TEAM MYSTIC

Archangel Koris

Quote from: Reece Thompson on December 01, 2012, 01:04:45 PM

Reece laughed, "Are you referring to my neanderthal time as a security officer?"

He took another drink and look at her, "No, I haven't done that in a while. I may be getting withdrawal symptoms."

He listened about the Iconians. "It's always the Discovery that has Iconian problems."

Archangel bit back a laugh about Commander Thompson getting withdrawal symptoms.  It would definitely be a sight to see.

"It may be the ship that always has problems with the Iconians, but I didn't expect to be fighting my own crew mates."  She glanced around the lounge as she took a drink, at the colourful decorations and evergreen trees dotted around.  It was certainly colourful and somewhat cheery.

"I had forgotten about Christmas.  Time seems to meld into one continuous day in deep space.  Strange to come on shore leave and find out that you never realised that October was over, let alone that it's already December."

Kale Bridges

Quote from: Archangel T'Koris on December 01, 2012, 01:14:51 PM

Archangel bit back a laugh about Commander Thompson getting withdrawal symptoms.  It would definitely be a sight to see.

"It may be the ship that always has problems with the Iconians, but I didn't expect to be fighting my own crew mates."  She glanced around the lounge as she took a drink, at the colourful decorations and evergreen trees dotted around.  It was certainly colourful and somewhat cheery.

"I had forgotten about Christmas.  Time seems to meld into one continuous day in deep space.  Strange to come on shore leave and find out that you never realised that October was over, let alone that it's already December."

Reece recoiled slightly, "Whoa... that bad eh??" He didn't press the subject and allowed Archangel to change topic to Christmas.

It brought a smile to his face, "I know what you mean. I've been in space so long I can't even remember the last tie I properly celebrated a Christmas."

He finished his drink and wiped his mouth with his thumb. "I guess it would've been nicer to spend it planet side, but I guess they need us here in case anything happens. Plus, even if I was planet side, I'd still be at a loss with what to do."

He tilted his head to look at his Romulan friend, "What about you? You got anything you could be doing if you were on a planet somewhere?"

Formerly Reece Thompson
PokemonGo - TEAM MYSTIC

Archangel Koris

Quote from: Reece Thompson on December 01, 2012, 01:22:27 PM

Reece recoiled slightly, "Whoa... that bad eh??" He didn't press the subject and allowed Archangel to change topic to Christmas.

It brought a smile to his face, "I know what you mean. I've been in space so long I can't even remember the last tie I properly celebrated a Christmas."

He finished his drink and wiped his mouth with his thumb. "I guess it would've been nicer to spend it planet side, but I guess they need us here in case anything happens. Plus, even if I was planet side, I'd still be at a loss with what to do."

He tilted his head to look at his Romulan friend, "What about you? You got anything you could be doing if you were on a planet somewhere?"

"I didn't have much planned, no.  Briefly thought about spending some time on Romulus, but that's probably not a good idea," Archangel answered, glancing at the commander.  "Never really been planet-side.  Only time I ever spent on solid ground was at the Academy."  She tapped a nail on the side of her glass, looking down at the ripples it formed on the surface of the electric blue liquid.  "Where would you go if leave had been planet-side?"

Kale Bridges

Quote from: Archangel T'Koris on December 01, 2012, 01:31:49 PM

"I didn't have much planned, no.  Briefly thought about spending some time on Romulus, but that's probably not a good idea," Archangel answered, glancing at the commander.  "Never really been planet-side.  Only time I ever spent on solid ground was at the Academy."  She tapped a nail on the side of her glass, looking down at the ripples it formed on the surface of the electric blue liquid.  "Where would you go if leave had been planet-side?"

Reece tilted his head for a second.
Time on Romulus was never really a good idea in his opinion, but he'd never voice it. Romulans made him feel uneasy. At least, the Romulans he didn't know personally made him uneasy.

He looked startled at her question, "I don't know really. No real close family to bunk in with, the majority of my friends are here in this fleet... so depending on the planet, maybe hiking? Christmas up a mountain doesn't seem so bad. Although, I don't know to be perfectly honest. I'd probably go crazy being on land for too long." He laughed at the end, lightening the mood slightly.

Formerly Reece Thompson
PokemonGo - TEAM MYSTIC

ThomasRiker

Quote from: Reece Thompson on December 01, 2012, 01:37:57 PM

Reece tilted his head for a second.
Time on Romulus was never really a good idea in his opinion, but he'd never voice it. Romulans made him feel uneasy. At least, the Romulans he didn't know personally made him uneasy.

He looked startled at her question, "I don't know really. No real close family to bunk in with, the majority of my friends are here in this fleet... so depending on the planet, maybe hiking? Christmas up a mountain doesn't seem so bad. Although, I don't know to be perfectly honest. I'd probably go crazy being on land for too long." He laughed at the end, lightening the mood slightly.

Masters was drinking not far from Reece, but was not paying him the least bit of attention. His mind was on his wife and son, how he would like to be there, but after her rescue it seemed she wanted little to do with the family, and he was unsure what to do. Alcohol was a great relief, and he drank plenty of it, and often. At the moment he was on his fourth boiling blood wine. At the moment he was largely oblivious to his surroundings, savoring the warm feeling the drink was giving him. Say what you will about the Klingons, but those bastards know how to drink

Things probably would have been fine had he been left there on his own, but around the time he looked up to ask for his fifth glass a couple members of his old unit walked in, two that were largely responsible for the death of his best friend. All of the sudden his glass was hurtling through the air, beaming one of them in the head, instantly forming a gash.

"YOUSONOFABITCHES" He shouted, the briefest hint of slurred speech evident. He jumped to his feet, flipping it over in the process and lunged at the other, knocking him to the ground. His fists began to fly, pummeling the man's face, causing chaos to erupt in the bar.

Kirok

Quote from: Tobias Masters on December 01, 2012, 04:37:25 PM

Masters was drinking not far from Reece, but was not paying him the least bit of attention. His mind was on his wife and son, how he would like to be there, but after her rescue it seemed she wanted little to do with the family, and he was unsure what to do. Alcohol was a great relief, and he drank plenty of it, and often. At the moment he was on his fourth boiling blood wine. At the moment he was largely oblivious to his surroundings, savoring the warm feeling the drink was giving him. Say what you will about the Klingons, but those bastards know how to drink

Things probably would have been fine had he been left there on his own, but around the time he looked up to ask for his fifth glass a couple members of his old unit walked in, two that were largely responsible for the death of his best friend. All of the sudden his glass was hurtling through the air, beaming one of them in the head, instantly forming a gash.

"YOUSONOFABITCHES" He shouted, the briefest hint of slurred speech evident. He jumped to his feet, flipping it over in the process and lunged at the other, knocking him to the ground. His fists began to fly, pummeling the man's face, causing chaos to erupt in the bar.

Kirok was in his temporary quarters putting on his dress uniform.  The last six months had been full of change for him.   There were the promotions and the successful mission, but just as was normal for his life, there had been the heartbreaking death of Bubba his cat, the abrupt illness that had come over his father's mother, and the return of his father to Vulcan.  Perhaps it was the holiday, but he found himself thinking about Vulcan more and more and had even considered returning home for a brief visit.

Once he was finished dressing, Kirok made his way to the main lounge where he witnessed Tobias' outburst.  Masters had been his commanding officer when Kirok had first arrived on the Churchill and he had a high regard for the man.  For the life of him, he could not understand why his former commanding officer has attacking the other man.  "Lieutenant Commander" Kirok said as he took a tentative step toward the two men.  He would separate them if needed, but wanted to see if Tobias would come to his senses before that was necessary.

Species:  Betazoid/Vulcan.
Being kind to others costs nothing & builds a stronger community.

ThomasRiker

Quote from: Kirok on December 01, 2012, 08:32:46 PM

Kirok was in his temporary quarters putting on his dress uniform.  The last six months had been full of change for him.   There were the promotions and the successful mission, but just as was normal for his life, there had been the heartbreaking death of Bubba his cat, the abrupt illness that had come over his father's mother, and the return of his father to Vulcan.  Perhaps it was the holiday, but he found himself thinking about Vulcan more and more and had even considered returning home for a brief visit.

Once he was finished dressing, Kirok made his way to the main lounge where he witnessed Tobias' outburst.  Masters had been his commanding officer when Kirok had first arrived on the Churchill and he had a high regard for the man.  For the life of him, he could not understand why his former commanding officer has attacking the other man.  "Lieutenant Commander" Kirok said as he took a tentative step toward the two men.  He would separate them if needed, but wanted to see if Tobias would come to his senses before that was necessary.

Masters took one final blow, knocking him unconscious before standing up and looking at Kirok. Without a word Masters made his way for the exit, heading straight for his temporary quarters, not really caring if anyone followed him or not.

T'Ra Jones

T'Ra sat quietly against a wall, strumming away at her Lute. The three ships that made up Task Group Alpha had all docked at Starbase for the winter holidays.  It allowed for repairs to be made on the ships while giving their crews a much needed shore leave. Being cooped up in a starship for several months was stressful, especially when trouble came around, wich happened quite often. As much as she loved the Churchill, T'Ra was glad to get away from it for a few days or so. The sprawling corridors of the starbase felt wider and less... she couldn't think of the precise word, but suffice to say, it didn't feel as if the walls were going to close in on her.

The moment their ship had docked, the crew of the Churchill dispersed, much like the crews of the other two ships had. From where she sat, T'Ra many people walking by. She had friends on the other ships, but she had yet to see them here on the station. She was looking forward to seeing Zuriel or her good friend T'Laina. T'Ra continued to strum the strings on her Lute, playing Christmas songs because the holiday was fast approaching. First she played "Little Drummer Boy" and followed it with "Home For the Holidays". The music was one of her favorite parts of the holidays, something that could go with her wherever she went. All that was really missing was her brother.

Ich lache, weil es ein Loch in mir gibt.
-Evan Buehler

🡱 🡳

RPG-D Sci-Fi Avatars RPG Initiative RPGfix RPG Initiative Fodlan Chronicles

Star Trek and all related marks, logos and characters are solely owned by CBS Studios Inc. This fan production is not endorsed by, sponsored by, nor affiliated with CBS, Paramount Pictures, or any other Star Trek franchise, and is a non-commercial fan-made production intended for recreational use. No commercial exhibition or distribution is permitted. No alleged independent rights will be asserted against CBS or Paramount Pictures.