Author Topic: 'Christmas' Special Event  (Read 5347 times)

Offline Kale Bridges

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Applicant
  • Awarded to players on completion of 10 years service with the fleet. Awarded to any player present for the majority of the Solen arc in 2013. Awarded to the player whom the CO feels is worthy of recognition. Awarded to those who demonstrate an ability to convey the action of combat. Awarded to players who participate in a Spread the Word campaign.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
'Christmas' Special Event
« on: November 12, 2012, 11:28:52 am »
As one or two of you may know, I'm not fond of talking about a certain stolen pagan religious holiday to celebrate the winter solstice.
However, I shall break that rule by simply referring to such event within the given 'marks'.

As talked about within the Supernatural Topic in the news and announcements board, a few people, including myself have expressed a wish for a 'Christmas' themed mission.

Now all of our missions are usually based on, "Oh heck, something bad is happening." but how about, for our 'Christmas' event, we have something a little more light hearted.

Instead of a set mission, why don't we have an all-fleet meet up onboard a station. We can use the NPC station that Kawolsky and O'Neill live on and just come up with some reason why all three ships are on R&R there. This would give everyone a chance to mingle with crews from other ships in character.
Just a little light hearted event having fun with all three ships together.

Have all the security teams from all ships wrestling. Or having all the Engineers in the fleet coming up with some new doohickey that we'll never ever see :P
That's not what they have to do obviously... the whole thing would just be one long intermission mission. Just some light hearted fun to pass the time during the winter holiday.

That's just an idea I had. If anyone else has an idea, please feel free to post. Let's see what people want to do over the holiday.

Formerly Reece Thompson
PokemonGo - TEAM MYSTIC

Offline T'Ra Jones

• Deceased/Retired
  • Honoured Member
  • Airlocking Dylan.
  • Awarded to any player who has been with the Fleet 5 Years Awarded by the FCO to the CO who has shown the best leadership. Awarded every January by the FCO. Awarded to players who guest star in another SIMM. Awarded to any player who writes the Post of the Month.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: 'Christmas' Special Event
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2012, 11:53:24 am »
Sounds like a blast.

Ich lache, weil es ein Loch in mir gibt.
-Evan Buehler

Shelaf Greegy

« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2012, 12:29:41 pm »
As one or two of you may know, I'm not fond of talking about a certain stolen pagan religious holiday to celebrate the winter solstice.
However, I shall break that rule by simply referring to such event within the given 'marks'.

As talked about within the Supernatural Topic in the news and announcements board, a few people, including myself have expressed a wish for a 'Christmas' themed mission.

Now all of our missions are usually based on, "Oh heck, something bad is happening." but how about, for our 'Christmas' event, we have something a little more light hearted.

Instead of a set mission, why don't we have an all-fleet meet up onboard a station. We can use the NPC station that Kawolsky and O'Neill live on and just come up with some reason why all three ships are on R&R there. This would give everyone a chance to mingle with crews from other ships in character.
Just a little light hearted event having fun with all three ships together.

Have all the security teams from all ships wrestling. Or having all the Engineers in the fleet coming up with some new doohickey that we'll never ever see :P
That's not what they have to do obviously... the whole thing would just be one long intermission mission. Just some light hearted fun to pass the time during the winter holiday.

That's just an idea I had. If anyone else has an idea, please feel free to post. Let's see what people want to do over the holiday.
Sounds good. It's not like we get normal posting done over Christmas anyway, so we might as well do this.

Offline Kirok

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Triumphant Member
  • Awarded in January 2017 to all active members. Awarded in January and July to the most diplomatic player. Awarded to any player who writes the Post of the Month. Awarded every January by the FCO. Awarded to the winner of the bi-annual crew choice poll.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2012, 01:13:30 pm »
Sounds good. It's not like we get normal posting done over Christmas anyway, so we might as well do this.

Count me in! 

Species:  Betazoid/Vulcan.
Being kind to others costs nothing & builds a stronger community.

Offline Rennan Protheus

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Trusted Member
  • I did a thing!
  • Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most friendly SIMM. Awarded to players who go above and beyond what is asked of them. Awarded to the player whom the CO feels is worthy of recognition. Awarded to players who demonstrate consistent high quality posting skills. Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most organized SIMM.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2012, 01:22:19 pm »

Species: Betazoid       Age:33
If it’s bold italics then it’s telepathic!

John Brown

« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2012, 02:56:09 pm »
I like this it will be good and he can get presents from Santa Q :P

Offline Saffir G'Tollikos

• Deceased/Retired
  • CSO/Acting XO, USS Gibson
  • Awarded to players on completion of 10 years service with the fleet. Awarded to players who go above and beyond what is asked of them. Awarded to players in recognition of their recruitment efforts. Awarded to any player present during the 2012 Halloween special mission. Awarded to any player who writes the Post of the Month.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2012, 04:08:01 pm »
I also. And actually, Santa Q would be a great thing to hang the mission on! What if Q heard about the Santa myth and decided to start handing out presents based on how good or bad he thought we were?

Zuriel Soreka: Romulan killing spree!!!!!!
Alexander Wu: You guys forgot to bring redshirts...
Zuriel Soreka: Don't worry we will make some. Art and crafts!!!!!!
--Just another day on the USS Gibson

Offline T'Ra Jones

• Deceased/Retired
  • Honoured Member
  • Airlocking Dylan.
  • Awarded to any player who has been with the Fleet 5 Years Awarded by the FCO to the CO who has shown the best leadership. Awarded every January by the FCO. Awarded to players who guest star in another SIMM. Awarded to any player who writes the Post of the Month.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2012, 04:12:57 pm »
I also. And actually, Santa Q would be a great thing to hang the mission on! What if Q heard about the Santa myth and decided to start handing out presents based on how good or bad he thought we were?

Brilliant. :P

-Evan Buehler

Archangel Koris

« Reply #8 on: November 12, 2012, 04:57:14 pm »

That would be absolutely hilarious!

I think that having a relaxed Christmas mission would be a great idea since we don't often have a chance to mingle, in character, with our own crewmates on such a large scale, let alone those on other ships without being on a mission.  It would also be good given that many of us may be away with family or something and therefore unable to post on their ship's missions.  Instead of the rest of us hanging around twiddling our thumbs, it would give us a light-hearted, loosely scripted place to play around.

Offline Kale Bridges

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Applicant
  • Awarded to players on completion of 10 years service with the fleet. Awarded to any player present for the majority of the Solen arc in 2013. Awarded to the player whom the CO feels is worthy of recognition. Awarded to those who demonstrate an ability to convey the action of combat. Awarded to players who participate in a Spread the Word campaign.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: November 12, 2012, 05:35:13 pm »
I think that having a relaxed Christmas mission would be a great idea since we don't often have a chance to mingle, in character, with our own crewmates on such a large scale, let alone those on other ships without being on a mission.  It would also be good given that many of us may be away with family or something and therefore unable to post on their ship's missions.  Instead of the rest of us hanging around twiddling our thumbs, it would give us a light-hearted, loosely scripted place to play around.

My thinking.

The SIMM's always slow down around that time due to people either away with friends/family, or they're too busy playing with their new toys.

Having a relaxed 'get together' would allow those of us that do come on to "chillax" with everyone else,  and make new in-character friendships.
That also means that if a character get's transferred to a new ship, they already know some people there.

Formerly Reece Thompson
PokemonGo - TEAM MYSTIC

Offline Riley T. Munro

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Veteran Member
  • Napalm, Necromancy, and Nanomachines
  • Awarded to players on completion of 10 years service with the fleet. Awarded to any player present during the special mission in May 2013. Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most organized SIMM. Awarded to players in recognition of their recruitment efforts. Awarded to players who participate in a Spread the Word campaign.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: November 12, 2012, 07:25:33 pm »
Sounds like a plan to me. I like it. Count us in.

kawolsky

« Reply #11 on: November 12, 2012, 09:21:33 pm »
As this seems to be a popular idea, I'll work on putting something together for it but only if you all continue to post ideas here. What do you want to see/do in this "Christmas" special? Where would you like it to take place? Things like that.

John Brown

« Reply #12 on: November 12, 2012, 09:38:29 pm »
one thing whos seen the hidden frontier epsoide about santa q

Offline T'Ra Jones

• Deceased/Retired
  • Honoured Member
  • Airlocking Dylan.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: November 12, 2012, 09:53:24 pm »
one thing whos seen the hidden frontier epsoide about santa q

Good question... at worst, people could just use him as a regular npc in their post.

I think a hilarious idea would be for Q to give supposedly naughty people a stocking full of tribbles, rather than coal.

-Evan Buehler

Archangel Koris

« Reply #14 on: November 13, 2012, 12:24:00 am »
As this seems to be a popular idea, I'll work on putting something together for it but only if you all continue to post ideas here. What do you want to see/do in this "Christmas" special? Where would you like it to take place? Things like that.

I think that the most likely place for the crew of three ships to meet would be on a Starbase.  It would be simpler than creating a new ship like we did for the Hallowe'en mission, and it means that anyone can jump in and out depending on what's happening in RL if there are no sign ups or assigned posts.  As for what to do, perhaps some kind of Ten Forward type Christmas party?  And given the vastness of a Starbase, the characters could always wander off to a holodeck or something if they wanted to.

RPG-D Sci-Fi Avatars RPG Initiative RPGfix RPG Initiative Fodlan Chronicles