Halloween Special- (Insert B Movie esq. Title Here)
Horizon Station is located in the heart of the Risa Sector. Serving as both trade hub, and commercial real estate for many of the Federations most prominent business'. Starfleet also has contracted several defense contracts with the Station, many of which are highly restricted. But don't worry, as Starfleet spokesmen say "all research conducted is within guidelines and pose no significant risk to the public at large." At least was believed till 1345 hours yesterday. Shadow Fleet, conducting a officers conference and shore leave on Risa has been called upon to investigate the loss of contact with Lab 248: The Silver Key Project. The lab has gone complete black out and you must ascertain the risk to the rest of the station and its people.
The mission itself is simple, think Id Software Doom meets Star Trek. You have the simple setup of people taping into knowledge that they were not fully prepared for the full consequences. The Silver Key Project has been set up to investigate the potential threat that fluidic space poses to our universe. They have been working on a gateway to tap into that otherworldly realm but after a year of trying they finally broke though. However Species 8472 are not the only inhabitants of this universe. While 8472 roam fluidic space in large living bioships. The entities that came though the gate way were some of the more lower forms of life. The first opening, a beast came out but not being adapt to our universe it collapsed outside the gateway. He was bulky, wide shoulders and a little bulge for a head with a opening on the chest for a mouth. Blade like claws for fingers that the team devised were meant for hunting bioships and its lower body was tapered to a set of small bulky legs with large paddles for feet.
They secured it and studied it for a few weeks. All the while it built up strength and began to adapt to life in our universe. Till one day a ion storm rolled though the system and disrupted the transporter network as it was transporting goods on and off ships. To save the cargo the engineers diverted power to the docks and caused a brown out. And containment of the creature was lost. It did not take long for it to wrak the lab and force it to go into automatic lock down. Now it is up to Shadow Fleet to investigate.
The Layout is exactly the same as before only will actually go go Doom with a gateway to Hell (Or some other dimension given the fleets sensitivity to using Hell as a setting) and have some demon come out to terrorize the station. In the first setting with 8472 I am planing to (see mission layout below) have the scientists try to send the best back but accidentally bringing more into the station. And of course have some of them escape the lab. With this take the demon would have intelligences and try to bring in more of its kind though the gate way.
For the rest of the plot see flow chart below
- Risa Sector
- Planet Risa: A pleasant vacation world, famous for mild weather, warm sandy beaches and casual life style. The starting place for the mission is in the D. Button Casino Resort's main convention hall.
- Horizon Station:As it is not a Starfleet built (ran by, but not owned) station it does not have that familiar mushroom shap is more of a saucer shape.
- Administrative Offices: Top levels, mostly spacious offices and other of the nicer things that Starfleet provides for its members. It is located at one end of the structure
- The Residential District: Many high end housing complexes. The stations attracts prosperity and those living there enjoy it.
- The Commercial District: A buzz of shops for all to browse and many fine restaurants. The Risa Sectors Stock Exchange is also located in the heart of it. Over the last decade the station has continued to grow in the market share of the total cash flow of the Federation. Located in the heart of the station.
- Engineering and Lower Decks
- Cargo Bays and On Loading and Off Loading Docks: The life blood of the station. Handling countless Metric Tons of goods daily. Most movement of goods are handled by a complex industrial transporter network. Only moving the cargo manually when needed most work is handled form a control room near the boundary of the habituated part of the station.
- Main Engineering: Located below the Docks it is like most any. Large reactor, control rooms, and all the machinery to keep things upstairs running the way it should.
- The Labs: Located just below the Admin offices on top of the station
- Lab 248: The Silver Key Project operates here and is funded by Starfleet to learn all that they can about fluidic space. It is divided into several sectors including a Gateway room. A number of work labs and living areas for the scientists all self contained.
- There are various other labs in the same area of the station. They are all built more or less the same as 248. They run study’s form anything form cosmetics to engineering projects.
- Starfleet NPC's
- Commander Ash: He is the Starfleet administrator of Horizon Station. Salt and pepper hair, heavy set, and a warm presence make for a person that people like to be around. It is clear he takes a very light handed approach to the running of the station. Starfleet pays him, and does not bother him so long as the traffic keeps moving and the business' are fulling the market. He is hesitate about the accident in Lab 248. he only has a vague idea about what the project details. He implores you to investigate quietly so as to not alarm the general public.
- Chief of Security: Rel Tuk, a Andorran. Does not get along with the civilian Chief Engineer.
- Silver Key NPC's
- Horizon Station NPC's
- Dock Master: Fa'lor, a young Bajorin woman she is smart as a whip and eager to make a place for herself and her daughter. Fa'ten. Able to adapt to any curve that the challenges of the shipping business throws at her. All though she is often critique for being to clip and will run though a problem on the seat of her pants than take the few moments to think. Which has led to some harsh words between her and her coworkers.
- Chief Engineer: Hershel Pots Older Man, dark skin and white curly hair. Does not get along with the restrictions of the imposing Security Chief saying that the constant monitoring and scrutiny of his workers is unacceptable. Add the Dock Master Fa'lor accusing his workers of steeling and there resulting increase of attention form Rel Tuk its no wonder he is a man on edge.
- The D. Button Corporation NPC's
- Donatello Button: Family head of the D. Button Corporation, a hotel and casino empire in the sector and primary backer to the Silver Key Project. Tall dark and handsome 'playboy' He has a personal interest that the nature of what happens at Lab 248 stays secret as the fallout could affect his personal stock in the exchange given he is days form a major merger with another corporation on Horizon Station.
- Mr. G: Not much is on record on this Mr. G, only that he has been in the employment of the Button corporation for many many years. He is the bodyguard and personal agent of Mr. Button. He is a Well built Nausicaan and quick on his feet in a tough situation.
- 8472 NPC's
- “Monster Zero”: the first being though the gateway. Completely violent and destructive it will also act as a ambush predator. Its claws will not dissolve its victim like a 8472 would. But they will shred anything. Even non reenforced deuterium platting. It moves on its knuckles and shoulders its way around except when attacking. Be careful it moves quick for something so large.
Note that for the 8472 NPC's if we do the ALT line the monsters can easily be changed with demons of varying kinds.
the see below comments are for the mission plan that is not included here. this is just the setting to get a response on what people think.