Book Idea

Started by T'Ra Jones, September 08, 2012, 12:38:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

T'Ra Jones

I was just thinking that it'd be a lot of fun to take one of the fleet's (recent) missions and make it into a full length book. Of course there'd be some tweaking with the plot and incorrect grammar and spelling would have to be fixed for it to work. I know I'll probably fail epicly (aka failing with style :P), but I still think it would be a ton of fun and worth a shot. What do you guys think?

Ich lache, weil es ein Loch in mir gibt.
-Evan Buehler

John Brown

Shelaf Greegy

Quote from: T'Ra Jones on September 08, 2012, 12:38:17 AM

I was just thinking that it'd be a lot of fun to take one of the fleet's (recent) missions and make it into a full length book. Of course there'd be some tweaking with the plot and incorrect grammar and spelling would have to be fixed for it to work. I know I'll probably fail epicly (aka failing with style :P), but I still think it would be a ton of fun and worth a shot. What do you guys think?

I've sometimes thought about doing an audiobook of a couple of our missions, getting each player to voice their own characters.

Archangel Koris

Quote from: T'Ra Jones on September 08, 2012, 12:38:17 AM

Quote from: Shelaf Greegy on September 08, 2012, 07:07:24 AM

I've sometimes thought about doing an audiobook of a couple of our missions, getting each player to voice their own characters.

I love both of those ideas!  They both sound great and they would make great additions to the Shadowfleet Shop!  I'd also like to have a go at writing up one or two of the missions.  There's certainly enough material to go on there.

kawolsky

Sounds like a great idea for our next book.

In fact, T'Ra, if you want to be responsible for putting together a basic outline for one of our previous missions go right ahead. We can then review and expand upon it here in this thread.

Anyone is welcome to participate.

T'Ra Jones

Sounds like a plan. I'll get started on that sometime in the near future.

-Evan Buehler

kawolsky

Quote from: T'Ra Jones on September 08, 2012, 11:54:49 AM

Sounds like a plan. I'll get started on that sometime in the near future.

Awesome!

John Brown

I  love it a new Book, so how my Budget for Shadow Fleet Gear is now at $300 bucks now, ooooooo the choices

Adolph Klein

If Archangel or someone else wants to take point on one of the Discovery missions, I'd be glad to help proofread/edit and what not.

T'Ra Jones

I was thinking of doing Mission 6 from the Churchill's first season. I just remember having a blast with that one. Any objections?

-Evan Buehler

Adolph Klein

Quote from: T'Ra Jones on September 08, 2012, 12:42:20 PM

I was thinking of doing Mission 6 from the Churchill's first season. I just remember having a blast with that one. Any objections?

You're the one putting the primary effort in, I'd say go for it. If anyone objects or has another mission they prefer let them take point in doing that one.  :)

Archangel Koris

Quote from: Adolph Klein on September 08, 2012, 12:19:49 PM

If Archangel or someone else wants to take point on one of the Discovery missions, I'd be glad to help proofread/edit and what not.

I'd love to have a go at one of the recent Discovery missions, and I have double Philosophy on Monday, so I can make a start ^^  I will need help with proof reading and stuff though.  In long pieces of writing, I have a tendency to let really glaring errors/typos through.  An example of which was a character somehow managing to "die herself with a towel".

Adolph Klein

Quote from: Archangel T'Koris on September 08, 2012, 03:12:24 PM

I'd love to have a go at one of the recent Discovery missions, and I have double Philosophy on Monday, so I can make a start ^^  I will need help with proof reading and stuff though.  In long pieces of writing, I have a tendency to let really glaring errors/typos through.  An example of which was a character somehow managing to "die herself with a towel".

Hah, those towels can be treacherous. But yeah I wouldn't mind helping out there if this is going to happen.

Lance Krol

I couldn't do a scottish accent so Lance is out the window I'm afraid XD

But yeah, I'd love to do an audio book sometime. My mic is crappy though.

John Brown

It will bw fun witj briwn

🡱 🡳

RPG-D Sci-Fi Avatars RPG Initiative RPGfix RPG Initiative Fodlan Chronicles

Star Trek and all related marks, logos and characters are solely owned by CBS Studios Inc. This fan production is not endorsed by, sponsored by, nor affiliated with CBS, Paramount Pictures, or any other Star Trek franchise, and is a non-commercial fan-made production intended for recreational use. No commercial exhibition or distribution is permitted. No alleged independent rights will be asserted against CBS or Paramount Pictures.