Post of the Month - June, 2012

Started by kawolsky, June 30, 2012, 03:29:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kawolsky

Post of the Month - June, 2012
That time has come around once again. Let's showcase the Post of the Month for June, 2012.
Quote from: Ash Thompson on June 19, 2012, 04:00:29 AM

Ash sat in the engineer's office trawling through report after report. Newly commissioned ships were always a nuisance. Requisitions, requests, evaluations, projections, the all-important sodding conversion figures everybody seemed to prize so highly...

Not to say he wasn't going to make The Gibson the pride of the fleet and her Captain along with it. God knows she'd pulled enough strings to get him here.

For the Nth time today the monitor went off, pulling his attention from the PADD in his hand. He let fly a few soto voce curses before activating it.

"Oh, we'll isn't that just fu...." he pulled himself up when he noticed one of his staff in the doorway. He kept a strict open-door policy... An open door is easier to shoot and throw things through...

"Yeah?", he flicked the PADD to the desk painfully aware that what followed would be a 10 minute tsunami of inane drivel about how proud he was to blah blah blah waffle waffle waffle.

He let the kid wax lyrical for a little before gleaning what he needed from the conversation, congratulating the kid on his posting and putting him back to work.

He stepped into main engineering...
"Ok ladies," he announced to the assembled morass of young faces, " I'm gonna lay something on you and I'd like you to take it on board. I am very proud to be serving with all of you regardless of your experience, species, gender or lack thereof or sexual orientation. But this heartfelt admission of pride stuff has to stop! Now I don't know if many of you know this but Cap'n pulled a lot of favors to get us all here and if you're here it's because she selected you herself. This is a new ship and something WILL go wrong in the soon'n'now. What do you think will impress her more? That when it does, you're all doing an admirable job at your station or that you're in my office blowing smoke up my backside about dreams come true and how momma's gonna be so damned thrilled?!"

After a few more light hearted jibes at some of the younger guys he dismissed himself with the promise of after hours drinks and returned to his office.

"Well... That could have gone worse"

In what is a very imaginative post, Ash Thompson has expertly used some wonderful descriptive words to really paint a picture of the engineering deck in the reader's mind. In the words of USS Gibson Commanding Officer Riley T. Munro, "great character development and showed human traits to an otherwise technical trade."

Please give him a well done on being selected as Post of the Month!

Adolph Klein

Kyle Briggs

Kirok

Nice job, Ash.   Congratulations.

Species:  Betazoid/Vulcan.
Being kind to others costs nothing & builds a stronger community.

Shelaf Greegy

'Gratz, Ash. Really enjoyable to read.

Taras Cadenza

That truly is a brilliant post. :) Very well-deserved, congratulations. :)

Jonathan Sanchez

Daniel Fitz'Gerald

Rennan Protheus

Species: Betazoid       Age:33
If itââ,¬â,,¢s bold italics then itââ,¬â,,¢s telepathic!

Ash Thompson

Thanks everyone for the congratulations!

I apologise for not saying anything sooner. LOA and all that!

Chief Self Important Blowhard Douche Factory!

Dismissed. That's a Starfleet expression for "Get Out!"

Riley T. Munro

I knew as soon as I read the post that it had to be nominated! Although as the mission progressed, my crew gave Ash a run for his money! Good job Ash!

Jonathan Sanchez

Quote from: Ash Thompson on July 02, 2012, 06:13:49 PM

Thanks everyone for the congratulations!

I apologise for not saying anything sooner. LOA and all that!

Tsk tsk, shame on you. Don't you know Shadowfleet comes first?  ;D :P

Ash Thompson

No no, on your anniversary wifey comes first (insert your own joke here).

Seriously though, thanks for this. Im often a little worried that my posts tend to "go on" a little! It's nice to know that the things I write entertain people other than myself!

Chief Self Important Blowhard Douche Factory!

Dismissed. That's a Starfleet expression for "Get Out!"

Jonathan Sanchez

Quote from: Ash Thompson on July 05, 2012, 05:38:55 PM

No no, on your anniversary wifey comes first (insert your own joke here).

Seriously though, thanks for this. Im often a little worried that my posts tend to "go on" a little! It's nice to know that the things I write entertain people other than myself!

*snickers* No comment...

And i actually undersand completely, though I haven't been married, I have been in relationships that might as well have been marriages.

🡱 🡳

RPG-D Sci-Fi Avatars RPG Initiative RPGfix RPG Initiative Fodlan Chronicles

Star Trek and all related marks, logos and characters are solely owned by CBS Studios Inc. This fan production is not endorsed by, sponsored by, nor affiliated with CBS, Paramount Pictures, or any other Star Trek franchise, and is a non-commercial fan-made production intended for recreational use. No commercial exhibition or distribution is permitted. No alleged independent rights will be asserted against CBS or Paramount Pictures.