Author Topic: Announcing The Fleet's Next SIMM!  (Read 1862 times)

Offline John Kawolsky

• Deceased/Retired
  • Probationer
    • Shadow Fleet
    • Awards

• Activity Level
    0%
  • Awards Awarded to players who have been with the fleet for five years or more. Awarded to any commanding officer who takes command of two or more starships. Awarded by the FCO to the CO who has shown the best leadership. Awarded to those who demonstrate an ability to convey the action of combat. Awarded to all players who joined Shadow Fleet in January 2007.
Announcing The Fleet's Next SIMM!
« on: May 19, 2012, 07:22:10 PM »
Announcing The Fleet's Next SIMM!

I'm sure you've all heard the rumors of a new ship that have been circulating the fleet for some time. Now I can put those rumors to rest and officially confirm that Shadow Fleet's next SIMM will be named the USS Gibson.

The Nova-class USS Gibson

I am delighted to announce that the Gibson will be a Nova-class vessel, the first since the original USS Discovery which was destroyed (and subsequently renewed as an Akira-class starship) back in 2008. A science vessel, this new SIMM will primarily focus on scientific exploration and moral challenges akin to those classic Star Trek episodes we all know and love.

Her commander will be someone with whom many of you are familiar. A seasoned, organized player with years of role-playing experience under her belt, please congratulate Commander Riley T. Munro as being selected to command our next starship.

The full crew roster and further details surrounding the launch of the Gibson will be announced in the coming weeks.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2012, 07:39:45 PM by John Kawolsky »
RETIRED

Offline Lance Krol

• Trusted Member
  • Retired Starfleet Captain
    • My Facebook Page
    • Awards

• Activity Level
    0%
  • Awards Awarded by the FCO to the CO who has shown the best leadership. Awarded to players who participate in a Spread the Word campaign. Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most active SIMM. Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most organised SIMM. Awarded to any player present for the majority of the Solen arc in 2013.
Re: Announcing The Fleet's Next SIMM!
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2012, 07:36:00 PM »
*SQUEAL!*

Omigod, a science vessel! This is what Krol signed up for! Exploring strange new worlds, seeking out new life and new civilisations!

...But I'm tied to the Churchill. *Grumble*

Joking :P

Congratulations, Ms. Munro! Lead your men well!
« Last Edit: May 19, 2012, 07:47:19 PM by Lance Krol »

"Do your duty in all things. You cannot do more, you should never wish to do less."
 - Robert E. Lee

Facebook | Twitter | YouTube | Blogger | StarTrek.com | Store

Offline Shelaf Greegy

• Deceased/Retired
  • Honoured Member
    • Awards

• Activity Level
    0%
  • Awards Awarded to players who have been with the fleet for five years or more. Awarded every January by the FCO. Awarded to players who continue to contribute to the running of the SIMM. Awarded to the winner of the bi-annual crew choice poll. Awarded to players who are always online and posting.
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2012, 07:40:48 PM »
*SQUEAL!*

Omigod, a science vessel! This is what Krol signed up for! Exploring strange new worlds, seeking out new life and new civilisations!

...But I'm tied to the Discovery. *Grumble*

Joking :P

Congratulations, Ms. Munro! Lead your men well!
Discovery...?

Anyway... awesome! Good luck, Riley!

“Sometimes you have to go up really high to see how small you are.” Felix Baumgartner

Offline Lance Krol

• Trusted Member
    • My Facebook Page
    • Awards

• Activity Level
    0%
  • Awards Awarded by the FCO to the CO who has shown the best leadership. Awarded to players who participate in a Spread the Word campaign. Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most active SIMM. Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most organised SIMM. Awarded to any player present for the majority of the Solen arc in 2013.
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2012, 07:47:03 PM »
*Churchill. DERP

Sorry gaiz.

"Do your duty in all things. You cannot do more, you should never wish to do less."
 - Robert E. Lee

Offline Shelaf Greegy

• Deceased/Retired
  • Honoured Member
    • Awards

• Activity Level
    0%
  • Awards Awarded to players who have been with the fleet for five years or more. Awarded every January by the FCO. Awarded to players who continue to contribute to the running of the SIMM. Awarded to the winner of the bi-annual crew choice poll. Awarded to players who are always online and posting.
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2012, 07:50:40 PM »
*Churchill. DERP

Sorry gaiz.
I'll let you off.... this time.

“Sometimes you have to go up really high to see how small you are.” Felix Baumgartner

Offline Lance Krol

• Trusted Member
    • My Facebook Page
    • Awards

• Activity Level
    0%
« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2012, 07:51:06 PM »
I outrank you anyway so it's all good :D

- Robert E. Lee

Offline Shelaf Greegy

• Deceased/Retired
  • Honoured Member
    • Awards

• Activity Level
    0%
« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2012, 07:52:46 PM »
I outrank you anyway so it's all good :D
Rank don't enter into it, lad.

Offline Lance Krol

• Trusted Member
    • My Facebook Page
    • Awards

• Activity Level
    0%
« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2012, 07:54:05 PM »
Rank don't enter into it, lad.
*Pulls out rape alarm*

- Robert E. Lee

Offline T'Ra Jones

• Former FXO
  • Deceased/Retired
  • Trusted Member
  • Browncoat in disguise.
    • Facebook
    • Awards

• Activity Level
    0%
  • Awards Awarded to players who have been with the fleet for two years. Awarded by the FCO to the CO who has shown the best leadership. Awarded every January by the FCO. Awarded to players who guest star in another SIMM. Awarded to players who are always online and posting.
« Reply #8 on: May 19, 2012, 09:16:43 PM »
Epic. This should be exciting, and congrats to Riley.

Ohana means family. Family means nobody gets left behind or forgotten.
Mal:Someone's carryin' a bullet for you right now, doesn't even know it. The trick is, die of old age before it finds you.

Offline Taras Cadenza

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Competent Member
    • Awards

• Activity Level
    0%
  • Awards Awarded to players who have been with the fleet for six months. Awarded to players on promotion to Lieutenant Commander or Chief Petty Officer. Awarded to players who have been with the fleet for one year. Awarded in January 2012 to all active members. Awarded in January to the player with the best academy course.
« Reply #9 on: May 19, 2012, 09:27:39 PM »
Ooh, a Nova-Class! And a Science vessel... Maybe we can expect some good old' TNG-style exploration episodes? :)

Many congratulations to Commander Munro - I am sure that she will excel, and earn her 4th rank pip with relative ease. :)

Offline Alyssa Meadows

• Suspended Account
  • Trusted Member
    • Awards

• Activity Level
    0%
  • Awards Awarded to players who have been with the fleet for three years. Awarded to players on promotion to Lieutenant Commander or Chief Petty Officer. Awarded to the player whom the CO feels is worthy of recognition. Awarded to players who demonstrate consistent high quality posting skills. Awarded to the winner of the bi-annual crew choice poll.
« Reply #10 on: May 20, 2012, 12:55:08 AM »
Congratulations on the promotion, Riley! I'm sure you'll be able to rekindle the good times that everyone had on the Port Royale, and make them even better. :D

Offline Zuriel Soreka

• Deceased/Retired
  • What does this big red button do?
    • Awards

• Activity Level
    0%
  • Awards Awarded to players who have been with the fleet for two years. Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most friendly SIMM. Awarded in January and July by the executive officer to a player of their SIMM. Awarded to players on promotion to Lieutenant Commander or Chief Petty Officer. Awarded to any player who writes the Post of the Month.
« Reply #11 on: May 20, 2012, 06:03:44 AM »
Grats to Riley, I love me some science missons, so ill be excited to read what those guys dig up, Godspeed!!!

Offline Reece Thompson

• Suspended Account
  • Honoured Member
    • Awards

• Activity Level
    0%
  • Awards Awarded to the player whom the CO feels is worthy of recognition. Awarded to players on promotion to Lieutenant Commander or Chief Petty Officer. Awarded to any player who writes the Post of the Month. Awarded to any player present for the majority of the Solen arc in 2013. Awarded to players who have been with the fleet for three years.
« Reply #12 on: May 20, 2012, 07:16:08 AM »
Nova Class!!!

You lucky duck, Riley.

Offline Inzjana

• Deceased/Retired
  • Competent Member
  • Embrace Eternity
    • Awards

• Activity Level
    0%
  • Awards Awarded to players who have been with the fleet for one year. Awarded in January 2012 to all active members. Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most organised SIMM. Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most active SIMM. Awarded to any player who writes the Post of the Month.
« Reply #13 on: May 21, 2012, 04:25:51 PM »
I so do want to be on the crew of this ship, in a decent command position of course, I mean a science vessel! Science is what I live for! Congratulations Riley, need a first officer? ;)

Dr Michio Kaku is a hero of mine!

"Our sun is one of a 100 billion stars in our galaxy. Our galaxy is one of billions of galaxies populating the universe. It would be the height of presumption to think that we are the only living thing in that enormous immensity" - Wernher Von Braun

There was a young lady named Bright, Whose speed was far faster than light; She started one day In a relative way, And returned on the previous night. - A. H. Reginald Buller in Punch (Dec. 19, 1923): 591.

Offline Scott Bradley

• Suspended Account
  • Chief Tactical Officer, USS Discovery
    • Awards

• Activity Level
    0%
  • Awards Awarded to players who guest star in another SIMM. Awarded in January 2012 to all active members. Awarded to players who have been with the fleet for five years or more. Awarded to any player present for the majority of the B.O.R.G. arc in 2011. Awarded every January by the FCO.
« Reply #14 on: May 21, 2012, 06:01:55 PM »
While I'm sad to lose a great XO, I can't think of anyone better to commander her!

Also Nova class, anyone else nostalgic?

Offline Adolph Klein

• Suspended Account
  • Experienced Member
  • Redshirt Survivor
    • Awards

• Activity Level
    0%
  • Awards Awarded to any player present during the 2012 Halloween special mission. Awarded to any player who writes the Post of the Month. Awarded to a player whom the FCO feels warrants recognition. Awarded to players who go above and beyond what is asked of them. Awarded to the new arrival who displays the most effort and ability.
« Reply #15 on: May 21, 2012, 06:17:59 PM »
While I'm sad to lose a great XO, I can't think of anyone better to commander her!

Would almost be fitting if the new captain shouted "Stay the course!" at some point.  :P

A couple of the people on the Equinox were jerks but most of them, the captain included, were just tragic characters in a bad place. One bad decision leading to another. Still the Nova class design was always a beauty, nice to have one around.

"There are people who make things happen, there are people who watch things happen, and there are people who wonder what happened. To be successful, you need to be a person who makes things happen." - James A. Lovell

Offline Riley T. Munro

• Deceased/Retired
  • "We're all just stories in the end..."
    • Awards

• Activity Level
    0%
  • Awards Awarded to players who have been with the fleet for five years or more. Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most organised SIMM. Awarded in January 2012 to all active members. Awarded by the FCO to the CO who has shown the best leadership. Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most active SIMM.
« Reply #16 on: May 21, 2012, 08:52:02 PM »

It just dawned on me that I won't have you Scott! I just felt completely crushed... I will miss you Captain.

And thank you everyone for the congrats and best wishes... can't wait to embark on a new simm and make some memories.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2012, 08:53:15 PM by Riley T. Munro »

RPG-D RPGD Topsites Top RP Sites Top RP Sites