Change to Fleet Application Process

Started by kawolsky, May 13, 2012, 08:23:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kawolsky

Change to Fleet Application Process
As some of you have already noticed, Shadow Fleet recently imposed a block on all new commissioned officer applications to the fleet. I can now reveal that this is the initial step in a brand new overhaul of the fleet application process.

From June 1st, all new applicants to the fleet (as well as secondary accounts) will be made to join the fleet as an enlisted crewman in order to gain knowledge, skills and experience of how we operate. This is to ensure that all players have experienced what it is like to become an enlisted crewman and are aware of the career paths available to them. Should a player reach the rate of Petty Officer Third Class, they may apply for the Officer Training Course during one of our newly created Commissioned Officer Recruiting Periods (CORPs), special week-long periods created to recruit new officers to fill any vacant positions in the fleet.

This change is being brought in for two reasons, the first of which is to address the ratio of officers to enlisted players. By ensuring all players join the fleet as enlisted players, it is hoped that there will be a constant flow of enlisted crewmen. Second, we hope that it will encourage people to think more about the enlisted route as an option for career progression in the fleet. With senior positions like Chief of the Boat leading to Master Chief Petty Officer of Shadow Fleet available, the enlisted route really can be a rewarding experience for the right person.

The Shadow Fleet Admiralty has been working on this new overhaul to the application process for some time and I am delighted to be able to present it to you now, after weeks of planning. As no other fleet on the internet offers this kind of career progression, it is our hope that this will increase both our numbers and the quality of people joining our RPG, not to mention it will ensure our officers are seasoned players who are less likely to quit the fleet after a short period of time.

The new process will be rolled out starting June 1st.

John Brown

Lance Krol

I'm Chuck Norris and I approve this post.

🡱 🡳

RPG-D Sci-Fi Avatars RPG Initiative RPGfix RPG Initiative Fodlan Chronicles

Star Trek and all related marks, logos and characters are solely owned by CBS Studios Inc. This fan production is not endorsed by, sponsored by, nor affiliated with CBS, Paramount Pictures, or any other Star Trek franchise, and is a non-commercial fan-made production intended for recreational use. No commercial exhibition or distribution is permitted. No alleged independent rights will be asserted against CBS or Paramount Pictures.