News:

The Federation Ban on Synthetic Life has been lifted.

Main Menu

Season 1, Mission 08: Prison Break

Started by John Brown, May 11, 2012, 02:06:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

John Brown

Executive Officers Log

The Churchill has spent the last 72 hours in Earth Space Dock after the events that saw the death of Admiral T'Pol, Federation Security has deemed the logs of the event classified. The events that followed were strange Lieutenant Commander Cortez my friend was reassigned to Federation Security then I was moved to First Officer I feel we will never know the truth of what happened, I managed to get help from Ensign Jones who was able to give me the sensor logs of the Klingon Bird of Prey we encountered. I don't think we seen the last of these Pirates but Starfleet has assigned us to head to the Savoy IV penal colony which has been attacked.

John was standing next to the Bridge railing looking over the buzz of activity. He mused he was risen to First Officer with the buzz Commander Clarke was whisked away to Starfleet Command for debriefing and wasn't able to announce who was replacing him as Chief Tactical/Security Officer.

"Mr. Masters, alert me when the Commander arrives" Finished John as he turned to face the young man sitting in his old chair

Zuriel Soreka

Personal Log 735-22

I have recovered from my illness and resumed my duties as Flight Control Officer  on the Churchill, thankfully the entire department cares for this ship as much as I do and I have returned to find little more than safety checks and helm/propulsion calibration tests. This added free time has allowed me  more free time, which I have spent on planet with my father, who has not overlooked the secrecy of the recent mission logs. We've been given orders to prepare the ship for is journey to the Savoy IV penal colony, I wonder if I have any old 'friends' there, and if they are I hope to the stars they are still in their cages.

The Ship yet to leave space dock but Zuriel was hard at work ounce again, feeling alive for the first time in almost two months, with the normal procedures and the added strain of a slight command change, everyone had to pitch into get things done, Zuriel himself was on his shift at the bridge, not much good came from him twiddling his fingers so he resigned himself  checking and rechecking the Flight Control Systems, the ship would be ready at a moments notice.

Lance Krol

Lance stepped out of the sonic shower and walked to his clothes, neatly folded on a chair on the other side of the room, for some reason noticing in the process that his legs were covered in hair but his chest was bald. He often wondered at the physics that allowed sound to pick dirt up off his skin without rupturing his eardrums and the biology that allowed no hair to grow on his chest while his legs were like a forest.

Stepping out his door, he made his usual five-minute walk by the replicator to pick up some grape juice and then to the engineering department to collect his ration of worried looks. Sitting down by his terminal, he sipped from the bottle and logged in, checking all systems as per usual even though the systems were checked every day before he got up.
An ensign came up to him and hesitantly asked a trivial question about the warp core. Without examining the problem he told the boy to adjust the filter he'd placed in, it was still undergoing testing. Naturally, the problem fixed itself in five minutes. Today he was going to do no real work and let these people realize it for themselves in due course.

ThomasRiker

Masters sat in the center seat reading the tactical data streaming to the small console. He was getting ready to test a new firing system, and he wanted to make sure that everything was in order. He like to check and recheck things to make sure once the time came to use the system in combat, that there was little chance of it failing.

"Ops, alert the Type 9 Shuttle it is clear for launch."

=/Masters to engineering, status on modifications\=

=/Things are stable so far\= Came the reply, which was what he wanted to hear.

"Sir, the Shuttle has launched, they will be at there destination in four minutes" the ops officer reported.

=/Engineering, bring the new systems online, bring main power online and prepare to cycle the weapon power relays\=

He could almost feel the crews eagerness at seeing if the new systems would work, but he ignored it, he needed to keep an eye on the data, he didn't want to see anything malfunction and cause damage. If the new systems worked, there Type X phasers would increase proficiency by close to twenty percent, a huge jump in already powerful weapons.

=/Churchill, this is the Shuttlecraft, we are in position, and have launched the target probes. Sensors are set and we are awaiting the test\=

"Tactical, yellow alert, bring weapons on full, put the target probes onscreen" He said, eyes switching back and forth from the large screen and the readout he had been focusing on. "Report"

"Sir, all systems green, I am not detecting any anomalies in the power flow." the Tactical officer reported.

"Fire at will" he said and sat back in the chair to watch and see. two blasts pulsed from the ship, not the standard long stream, but something that appeared to be between that and a torpedo launch. It was incredible to see such a modification. The two blasts hit there targets with precision, but it was obvious something wasn't right. They could almost hear a whining sound come from deep in the ship. "SHUT IT DOWN!" he yelled, he didn't know what was happening, but it was clear that it wasn't good.

"Sir controls aren't responding" the Tactical officer reported

=/Engineering, cut power to weap....\= was all he got out before a thunderous boom could be heard through out the ship and everyone was tossed from their present location as the ship shook violently.

Things began to settle, but the power was clearly on reserves. The red lights flashed, and all sorts of alarms were sounding. The darkened bridge began to reek of an acrid odor, so it was clear life support was not able to compensate with the mess that had become of the normally clean and orderly bridge. Masters picked himself up from the ground and made his way to the tactical board, seeing that the stand in that he had been talking to a moment ago was clearly dead. "Report" he croaked out, coughing a bit as his lungs took in a plume of smoke. The tactical board was a mess.

"Sir, life support functioning at minimal capacity. Deck four has several hull breaches, centered around the Phaser Maintenance section and the aft torpedo launchers housed on that deck are gone. We have lost contact with engineering, and main power is offline." came the weak reply of the operations officer, it was clear she had sustained heavy injury.

====/Computer, safe program, analyze where things went wrong and save report under Masterstestalpha2; end program\====

Masters was curious how long it would take him to get this to work, if he ever would. At least this time the entire ship didn't explode, it had taken he some time to get it to the point only massive damage occurred, so there was at least some progress.

Masters spent a couple hours pouring over the data, until it was time for his duty shift, then he closed the systems and went to the bridge.

Quote from: John Brown on May 11, 2012, 02:06:44 AM

Executive Officers Log

The Churchill has spent the last 72 hours in Earth Space Dock after the events that saw the death of Admiral T'Pol, Federation Security has deemed the logs of the event classified. The events that followed were strange Lieutenant Commander Cortez my friend was reassigned to Federation Security then I was moved to First Officer I feel we will never know the truth of what happened, I managed to get help from Ensign Jones who was able to give me the sensor logs of the Klingon Bird of Prey we encountered. I don't think we seen the last of these Pirates but Starfleet has assigned us to head to the Savoy IV penal colony which has been attacked.

John was standing next to the Bridge railing looking over the buzz of activity. He mused he was risen to First Officer with the buzz Commander Clarke was whisked away to Starfleet Command for debriefing and wasn't able to announce who was replacing him as Chief Tactical/Security Officer.

"Mr. Masters, alert me when the Commander arrives" Finished John as he turned to face the young man sitting in his old chair

"Aye Sir" he said to the Commander

Raymundo Salas

Ray's muscles were taught, so much energy and focus coursing through them. " Eight....Nine....Ten!" His body turned to water as the weights fell to the floor with a crash. Doubled over hands on knees grasping for breath he prided himself for setting a new benchmark for himself. Looking up a glance of the chronometer and saw that his shift started an hour and made his way for the sonic showers.

Bio

Taras Cadenza

A long, long, long day it had been. Taras found himself walking up and down the corridor outside his quarters. Writer's block was a terrible thing at the best of times. He had officially reached Chapter 11 of his magnificent tale of grief, loss, and redemption. Well, I like to think it's magnificent... Hard to tell unless you actually get it out there.

He paused for a moment. Maybe it was time to take a break. As such he decided to spend his break constructively. As such, he began taking a walk to Engineering. Maybe he could find a Jeffries Tube to seal or something.

T'Ra Jones

Restless, T'Ra slipped out of bed. So many things had changed in the short time that she had been aboard the Churchill. Maybe a bit of music would help, and her shift wasn't due to start for several hours more. She walked across the room to where her lute hung. It was displayed proudly on one of the walls, its light brown body etched with intricate designs. T'Ra reached for it, but the Vulcan lute remained just centimeters out of her reach, and that was even with standing on the tips of her toes. Frowning slightly, she fetched a nearby chair. Now with the added height, it was no trouble to get the it down.

The lute was cool to the touch. It had been awhile since she had played. Plopping into the chair, T'Ra began to play a familiar tune. After strumming the first couple bars, she could feel her muscles begin to relax. It was a tune she played when she felt lonely. T'Ra hummed along, content and relaxed. Just after the peak of the melody, her finger slipped, resulting in a wrong note. T'Ra scowled but continued to play. She finished the rest of the piece without further mishaps. Letting out a sigh, T'Ra leaned back in her chair and closed her eyes, promptly falling asleep with the lute cradled in her arms.

Ich lache, weil es ein Loch in mir gibt.
-Evan Buehler

John Brown

Quote from: Tobias Masters on May 11, 2012, 12:07:33 PM

Masters sat in the center seat reading the tactical data streaming to the small console. He was getting ready to test a new firing system, and he wanted to make sure that everything was in order. He like to check and recheck things to make sure once the time came to use the system in combat, that there was little chance of it failing.

"Ops, alert the Type 9 Shuttle it is clear for launch."

=/Masters to engineering, status on modifications\=

=/Things are stable so far\= Came the reply, which was what he wanted to hear.

"Sir, the Shuttle has launched, they will be at there destination in four minutes" the ops officer reported.

=/Engineering, bring the new systems online, bring main power online and prepare to cycle the weapon power relays\=

He could almost feel the crews eagerness at seeing if the new systems would work, but he ignored it, he needed to keep an eye on the data, he didn't want to see anything malfunction and cause damage. If the new systems worked, there Type X phasers would increase proficiency by close to twenty percent, a huge jump in already powerful weapons.

=/Churchill, this is the Shuttlecraft, we are in position, and have launched the target probes. Sensors are set and we are awaiting the test\=

"Tactical, yellow alert, bring weapons on full, put the target probes onscreen" He said, eyes switching back and forth from the large screen and the readout he had been focusing on. "Report"

"Sir, all systems green, I am not detecting any anomalies in the power flow." the Tactical officer reported.

"Fire at will" he said and sat back in the chair to watch and see. two blasts pulsed from the ship, not the standard long stream, but something that appeared to be between that and a torpedo launch. It was incredible to see such a modification. The two blasts hit there targets with precision, but it was obvious something wasn't right. They could almost hear a whining sound come from deep in the ship. "SHUT IT DOWN!" he yelled, he didn't know what was happening, but it was clear that it wasn't good.

"Sir controls aren't responding" the Tactical officer reported

=/Engineering, cut power to weap....\= was all he got out before a thunderous boom could be heard through out the ship and everyone was tossed from their present location as the ship shook violently.

Things began to settle, but the power was clearly on reserves. The red lights flashed, and all sorts of alarms were sounding. The darkened bridge began to reek of an acrid odor, so it was clear life support was not able to compensate with the mess that had become of the normally clean and orderly bridge. Masters picked himself up from the ground and made his way to the tactical board, seeing that the stand in that he had been talking to a moment ago was clearly dead. "Report" he croaked out, coughing a bit as his lungs took in a plume of smoke. The tactical board was a mess.

"Sir, life support functioning at minimal capacity. Deck four has several hull breaches, centered around the Phaser Maintenance section and the aft torpedo launchers housed on that deck are gone. We have lost contact with engineering, and main power is offline." came the weak reply of the operations officer, it was clear she had sustained heavy injury.

====/Computer, safe program, analyze where things went wrong and save report under Masterstestalpha2; end program\====

Masters was curious how long it would take him to get this to work, if he ever would. At least this time the entire ship didn't explode, it had taken he some time to get it to the point only massive damage occurred, so there was at least some progress.

Masters spent a couple hours pouring over the data, until it was time for his duty shift, then he closed the systems and went to the bridge.

"Aye Sir" he said to the Commander

John looked over to receive a Padd from a Ensign from Engineering he looked it over quickly before putting his Authorization on the Padd and handing it back over to the Ensign. Brown took a few steps closer to Tobias then smiled a evil grin as he placed his arms behind his back.

"Mr. Masters, Why is it you're the only one on this ship who could blow up a holodeck while in Space Dock!" Finished Brown as he turned facing the Helm station sees on the viewer the comings and goings of ships entering Starbase 001.

"Mr.Soreka, from your Personal File it stated that you smuggled, are you familiar with the area around Sovoy IV?" Finished Brown

Zuriel Soreka

Quote from: John Brown on May 12, 2012, 04:13:37 AM

John looked over to receive a Padd from a Ensign from Engineering he looked it over quickly before putting his Authorization on the Padd and handing it back over to the Ensign. Brown took a few steps closer to Tobias then smiled a evil grin as he placed his arms behind his back.

"Mr. Masters, Why is it you're the only one on this ship who could blow up a holodeck while in Space Dock!" Finished Brown as he turned facing the Helm station sees on the viewer the comings and goings of ships entering Starbase 001.

"Mr.Soreka, from your Personal File it stated that you smuggled, are you familiar with the area around Sovoy IV?" Finished Brown
7uriel turned to the commander with a suprised look onto his face, he reveaaled his past on his starfleet application out of confidence and since he had been a model starfleet officer no one had ever brought it up beforen he wasent ashamed he just simply did what he had to do  at the time. "Yes sir I am,  not a place that. I have fond memories of, if you ever lived there you would laugh at the idea that it was a Penal colony, the place is run almost exclusively by the prisoners one way or another, the guards are there so the planet doesent break out in a blood bath, whole place is litterd with smugglers chahes, I would be paid to drop cargo off and then I didn't stick around, too many ships go missing in that system Sir, I advice we conduct our business and move on." Zuriel did not suger coat it, Sovoy IV was where bigtime criminals went for a beach resort. " Once we arrive the entire planet will know, federation ships never go there, no way around it we are going to stick out.

Michael Ferdinand

Alyssa, bag over her shoulder, walked into the "new to her" sickbay. She thought that it was beautiful, much better than the bland walls of the Discovery's sickbay. She could tell that there was going to be some fun in this room. Hopefully.....

Moving to the office, she noticed all the bland looking table ornaments that were decorating the table to make it look like it came from a cheap pawn shop, she took her hand, and slid all of the materials onto the floor, disregarding the shattering of glass that came with it. She took the bag off of her shoulder and placed it on the table, taking out several personal items: A picture of herself and her brother when she was younger, a pendent that she was given to by him, and finally, her very first hypospray. She also took out a certificate and hanged it on the wall that was in front of the desk.

Satisfied, Alyssa smirked until a thought came across her head. 'What if the ship shook hard enough that the certificate flung to the other side of the room?' She sighed and removed the certificate. She would put it up at a later time.

Everything must be earned, for if it is given, there are no lessons learned.

ThomasRiker

Quote from: Alyssa Meadows on May 12, 2012, 02:35:31 PM

Alyssa, bag over her shoulder, walked into the "new to her" sickbay. She thought that it was beautiful, much better than the bland walls of the Discovery's sickbay. She could tell that there was going to be some fun in this room. Hopefully.....

Moving to the office, she noticed all the bland looking table ornaments that were decorating the table to make it look like it came from a cheap pawn shop, she took her hand, and slid all of the materials onto the floor, disregarding the shattering of glass that came with it. She took the bag off of her shoulder and placed it on the table, taking out several personal items: A picture of herself and her brother when she was younger, a pendent that she was given to by him, and finally, her very first hypospray. She also took out a certificate and hanged it on the wall that was in front of the desk.

Satisfied, Alyssa smirked until a thought came across her head. 'What if the ship shook hard enough that the certificate flung to the other side of the room?' She sighed and removed the certificate. She would put it up at a later time.

Masters was manning his station when he noticed an indicator going of on his board. It indicated a probably fall in medical, and while normally a junior security crewmen would handle the situation, he new that the new doctor had arrived, and he used it as an excuse to meet her. "I've a situation in sickbay I need to check out" he said and turned the board over to the ever ready relief. He entered the lift "Deck 5" he said to the computer, taking him to medical. He took advantage of his security codes giving the lift priority, not stopping for anyone else.

On deck five, he made for medical, not running, but at a quick 'I mean business' pace. The doors swished open to an empty room, so he continued to the office. At the door he saw a woman that looked to be in her mid to late twenties. "Dr. Meadows I presume?" he asked, looking over the room. He took in the broken glass and the desk that had personal effects on it instead of the standard ornamentation. "I got an alert that something may have happened in Sickbay, is everything alright?" He asked, it was clear from his tone that it was a pure procedural question, it was obvious what had occurred, and it really didn't bother him all that much.

Michael Ferdinand

Alyssa was slouched in the chair that had come with her office. She was looking over the personnel files of the Churchill crew, noticing something that was quite strange. None of them had reported for a check up in the past few weeks! It was time to change that. Suddenly, the doors to sickbay hissed open and a strange man walked into the room. Noticing this, Alyssa stood up and went in front of her desk just as the man entered her office.

Quote from: Tobias Masters on May 12, 2012, 02:51:41 PM

"Dr. Meadows I presume?" he asked, looking over the room. He took in the broken glass and the desk that had personal effects on it instead of the standard ornamentation. "I got an alert that something may have happened in Sickbay, is everything alright?" He asked, it was clear from his tone that it was a pure procedural question, it was obvious what had occurred, and it really didn't bother him all that much.

Alyssa looked at the man and nodded. "Yes, I am Doctor Meadows." she said in a tone that shouted 'leave me the hell alone.' She noted what he said about something having occurred in the sickbay, looking down diagonally at the glass and that back up at the man. She moved her right foot backwards and gently kicked the class under the desk, ignoring the scraping sound that occurred as this process was occurring. "Nothing is the matter....uhh..." she said as she struggled to get a good look at the pips on the man's neck. "Lieutenant."

ThomasRiker

Quote from: Alyssa Meadows on May 12, 2012, 03:15:52 PM

Alyssa was slouched in the chair that had come with her office. She was looking over the personnel files of the Churchill crew, noticing something that was quite strange. None of them had reported for a check up in the past few weeks! It was time to change that. Suddenly, the doors to sickbay hissed open and a strange man walked into the room. Noticing this, Alyssa stood up and went in front of her desk just as the man entered her office.

Alyssa looked at the man and nodded. "Yes, I am Doctor Meadows." she said in a tone that shouted 'leave me the hell alone.' She noted what he said about something having occurred in the sickbay, looking down diagonally at the glass and that back up at the man. She moved her right foot backwards and gently kicked the class under the desk, ignoring the scraping sound that occurred as this process was occurring. "Nothing is the matter....uhh..." she said as she struggled to get a good look at the pips on the man's neck. "Lieutenant."

Masters looked at the woman for a moment, and was curious why she was so standoffish, as a doctor and Starfleet officer, he thought that she would have gotten used to meeting new people. It was a little curious the way she was acting, and he wanted to make sure everything in the room was kosher. He pulled his tricorder, doing a quick sweep of the room from the spot he was standing near the door. The readings all came back normal and he quickly snapped the device closed and put it back on his belt.

"Let me help ma'am" He said and went to a small utility closet retrieving a broom and dustpan. He walked past her, completely ignoring the 'I don't want you here' tone he began cleaning up the glass.

Michael Ferdinand

Alyssa glared at the man. She was irritated that he would not just get out of the sickbay. "I assure you," Alyssa said, "that everything is FI...." when suddenly, a thought came across her mind and a smile formed on her face. "You know," she said changing the subject, "while you're here, how about we have a little checkup?"

ThomasRiker

Quote from: Alyssa Meadows on May 12, 2012, 03:47:41 PM

Alyssa glared at the man. She was irritated that he would not just get out of the sickbay. "I assure you," Alyssa said, "that everything is FI...." when suddenly, a thought came across her mind and a smile formed on her face. "You know," she said changing the subject, "while you're here, how about we have a little checkup?"

Masters shrugged his shoulders. "Well, I am on duty right now, but if you write me a pass I would be glad to have a check up. I would like to make sure that some of my recent injuries are healed anyway" He said to her and started walking towards the bio bed. "Most of my injuries are listed in my file, your scans will show up the ones that aren't, but you are not permitted to document them" He said, not going into the rational, she would see the classified label in his file.

🡱 🡳

RPG-D Sci-Fi Avatars RPG Initiative RPGfix RPG Initiative Fodlan Chronicles

Star Trek and all related marks, logos and characters are solely owned by CBS Studios Inc. This fan production is not endorsed by, sponsored by, nor affiliated with CBS, Paramount Pictures, or any other Star Trek franchise, and is a non-commercial fan-made film intended for recreational use. No commercial exhibition or distribution is permitted. No alleged independent rights will be asserted against CBS or Paramount Pictures.