Shadow Fleet Anthology of Poems

Started by kawolsky, February 18, 2012, 07:55:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kawolsky

Inspired by T'Ra Jones' latest submission to the "articles" section of the forum (which is truly great by the way!), I wanted to put out the idea of compiling a Shadow Fleet Anthology of Poems to be published as a standard paperback book for sale on the Shadow Fleet store.

First, I'd like to know everyone's feedback on such an idea and second, would you particpate by writing a poem (or three!) for the book?

Riley T. Munro

If T'Ra Jone's poem is included, I will so buy it! And I would love to submit something!

Shelaf Greegy

Lance Krol

I'd totally contribute if that were happening. Trek-themed or no?

kawolsky

Quote from: Lance Krol on February 19, 2012, 05:52:29 PM

I'd totally contribute if that were happening. Trek-themed or no?

I was thinking they could be about anything, Trek or not. Perhaps we could have sections, each containing poems of a different theme?

Riley T. Munro

Why would we have non-trek things though? Wouldn't it be more unique to the Fleet if it were all Trek/Fleet related?

kawolsky

Quote from: Riley T. Munro on February 19, 2012, 06:04:54 PM

Why would we have non-trek things though? Wouldn't it be more unique to the Fleet if it were all Trek/Fleet related?

Well, that's what we're here to discuss. It would be nice to have them all Trek-themed, but it depends on what people want to submit to it. If we all agree that it should be Trek-themed then that would be great!

Riley T. Munro

T'Ra Jones

Quote from: John Kawolsky on February 19, 2012, 06:03:13 PM

I was thinking they could be about anything, Trek or not. Perhaps we could have sections, each containing poems of a different theme?

I like this idea. Personally, I'd think it'd be cool to have non Star Trek stuff in there too, but I'd still be happy if it's only Star Trek related. As long as a majority of the poems are Star Trek, I don't see the problem. What would make this anthology unique is that the poems are written by the brilliant minds of those in Shadow Fleet.

And if we were to do this (which I greatly hope we do), would the poems be under our Shadow Fleet names, our real names, or both?

Ich lache, weil es ein Loch in mir gibt.
-Evan Buehler

kawolsky

Quote from: T'Ra Jones on February 19, 2012, 06:33:03 PM

I like this idea. Personally, I'd think it'd be cool to have non Star Trek stuff in there too, but I'd still be happy if it's only Star Trek related. As long as a majority of the poems are Star Trek, I don't see the problem. What would make this anthology unique is that the poems are written by the brilliant minds of those in Shadow Fleet.

And if we were to do this (which I greatly hope we do), would the poems be under our Shadow Fleet names, our real names, or both?

They would be under our Shadow Fleet names, unless of course you wanted to provide your real name, but that's not compulsory.

Riley T. Munro

Quote from: T'Ra Jones on February 19, 2012, 06:33:03 PM

I really like this idea, now that I think about it, it could be mainly Trek related, but having other things would be cool. If that's the case I would submit somethings non trek. We could put in bios with our real name/Character name and leave the poems under our Character name.

kawolsky

Quote from: Riley T. Munro on February 19, 2012, 06:36:21 PM

I really like this idea, now that I think about it, it could be mainly Trek related, but having other things would be cool. If that's the case I would submit somethings non trek. We could put in bios with our real name/Character name and leave the poems under our Character name.

I personally don't think we should put bios in the book for two reasons really. One, I think it would take away from the whole purpose of the book - an anthology of poems, but two, our bios are already in Shadow Fleet: A Five Year Celebration which is also more suited to them.

T'Ra Jones

What I was thinking, as far as names was maybe have something like an index or some sort of list in the back. A list of the Shadow Fleet names and their actual names (first, last, both, or even nothing). Just names, not full on bios.  I'd think it'd be really cool. Because personally, I sometimes forget which character is which person and I like to know who it was written by, not just the character name. Basically the poem would be accompanied by the character name and people could refer to the name index to find the person's name.What would you guys think about that?

Ich lache, weil es ein Loch in mir gibt.
-Evan Buehler

Riley T. Munro

I like the idea of just having an index of names.

🡱 🡳

RPG-D Sci-Fi Avatars RPG Initiative RPGfix RPG Initiative Fodlan Chronicles

Star Trek and all related marks, logos and characters are solely owned by CBS Studios Inc. This fan production is not endorsed by, sponsored by, nor affiliated with CBS, Paramount Pictures, or any other Star Trek franchise, and is a non-commercial fan-made production intended for recreational use. No commercial exhibition or distribution is permitted. No alleged independent rights will be asserted against CBS or Paramount Pictures.